News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Are You a Loner or Into the Group Thing?
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
I am with AwsHuckabilly.  I don't ever really evaluate courses.  I play them, take a look here and there and evaluate to the degree of deciding if the course is worth paying to see again.  I would much rather do this with other people.  I rarely play on my own unless its a course I don't see very much that I really want to play.  I don't watch golf very much either. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Kalen Braley

Re: Are You a Loner or Into the Group Thing?
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 07:35:19 PM »
I swing both ways on this one.

I'm perfectly content to play alone and enjoy the course and outdoors otherwise.  But its preferrable to have good company with a few laughs...if for no other reason so they can pull the flagstick for you.   ;D  ;)

However, I do like to look at the course, try to figure out what the architect was trying to do, ponder alternate routings, etc.  For me, it adds a lot of interest to the round, especially when its "cali-5.5-hour-round" special.  Even when its a 1 or 2 on the Doak scale, I try to envision what I would add or do different to make the course more interesting.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back