News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

I am not into the recycling, or saving the world, because nature in one of her angry moods will in one major volcanic eruption cause more damage to the environment than man has done in 100 years.

However that is not to say that we should not be sensible.

On this note I must congratulate Ian Andrew on his current articles in ‘Caddy Shack’ titled  “The Future of Golf Course Architecture in Canada”. He is addressing an interesting and complicated subject in what I must describe as a refreshing and honest way.

Excellent work and yes, I have no problems playing on brown grass, looking forward to reading more.   

Clyde Johnston

The future of golf is indeed an interesting subject. Golf has gone from it's beginnings of a state of imperfection in playing conditions to (in most high profile courses today) to a condition of near perfection in turf conditions. With pesticide usage and water restrictions becoming more important, golf will probably have to return to a less perfect condition, and perhaps in some cases to a nature dependent condition.

I grew up on a golf course that had minimal maintenance, and golf was still fun. The pro's bitch if they get a bad lie in the fairway.  To me, that's the rub of the green.

Who is the true champion? The person who scores best with optimal turf conditions or one who scores best with less than desirable turf conditions?

Lou_Duran

Clyde,

The pro of course.  Just ask him.  Did you do some work near Trinity, TX a few years back?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back