News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Foley

Why no love for Old Collier?
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:09:37 PM »
The recent thread on Calusa Pines and the great pics got me wondering why we hear nothing about the Fazio designed course in North Naples?

How does it stack up?
Integrity in the moment of choice

Jimmy Muratt

Re: Why no love for Old Collier?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
There is a very good episode of "Playing Lessons from the Pros" featuring Tom Watson at Old Collier.  The course looked good, was playing quite firm....a feature that Watson pointed out and commented how much he enjoyed firm & fast courses, hence his success at the British Open.

Calusa seems to be the common choice among the best in Naples, I'd be interested to hear what occupies the #2 spot.....Old Collier, Naples Nat'l, the Hideout????

Patrick Hodgdon

Re: Why no love for Old Collier?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:56:11 PM »
Was just talking about Old Collier today on the course out at Calusa actually. The common thing I hear about OC is that its a nice well kept track (actually a success for their experimentation with salt water etc.) but not a very memorable course. For example a lot of people I talk to about it say that they often judge a course by how well you can trace back through the course in your mind the next day and the holes at OC just doesn't stand out that much. There are about 10+ members that were about to join there as they heard it was the best in town then found out about Calusa once they got down here and joined C.P. That being said whenever I hear a list of the top 5 in Naples it is always Calusa then OC or Naples National and then Hideout and Mediterra South. So it is certainly a top 3 course in Naples but nothing anybody brags about. (Then again my audience, Calusa Members and Guests, are biased)  ;)
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back