News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Leahy

Cordevalle?
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:48:29 PM »
I have the opportunity to play this private course in San Jose, Ca for $275 in Feb. and wondered if anyone has played it and thinks it's worth that kind of $. I have only seen pictures and it doesn't look that great. I know $ worth is subjective but if you could play this course for $275 would you? Any great design features? All positive and negative opinions appreciated.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tom Huckaby

Re:Cordevalle?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:57:49 PM »
Tim - I am pleased to read you are an NCGA member.   ;)

But to answer your question, while I surely do think it's cool the NCGA is setting up these "members-only" outings, well....

I wouldn't pay $275 to play that course.  I've played it twice and the experience is neat - caddies, one hell of a locker room / bar set up - and the course is pretty darn good, I think... but $275 to me is a LOT of money.  I'd say if you are asking the question here that means the money means something to you as well, and if so, you won't fully enjoy the outing because you will be wondering if it's worth that much.

If $275 causes no second thoughts, then heck yeah, the course is pretty darn fun.

TH

Jed Peters

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
Tim:

The course is open to public resort play anyhow....it's not "all private".

I would have to agree with Tom that the course is not worth $275 as well.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »
Thanks Tom and Jed, I was leaning that way but just wanted to get some input from someone who has been out there.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
i'd say though that *if* any course in norcal outside of 17 mile drive is worth $275, that might be the one. mostly for the overall feeling of the place.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 01:23:31 PM by Matt_Cohn »

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »
Same sentiments as the other guys here. I've only played it once; a strong test in a beautiful location. My recollection was that it was a normal RTJ2 layout; that is a mix of good, bad and indifferent.

The course is not worth that amount of money in a relative sense. Probably $150 for golf, $100 for warm/scented towels, bottled Anchor Steam on the course, and they'll bring you food from the kitchen when you're at the far reaches of the property. Add another $25 for blinding white sand and we're accounted for :P.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »

I know $ worth is subjective but if you could play this course for $275 would you?

Tim,

No.

Bob

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »
Its a damn good course and the facility is impressive but $275 is quite a bit.

Tee to green I really like the course.  My problem with Cordevalle was the desire to hide the cart paths with mounding.  You have these great holes in a great setting and everything is framed by unnatural containment mounding.

Norbert P

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 02:01:12 PM »
 I saw this course featured in my Golf Holes daily flip calender ( Jan, 4th), thought it looked interesting, found some nice web pictures and then I found the greens fees and totally lost interest.

Golf Fees & Rates
As of Jan. 1, 2007           (Higher now?)

Resort Guest cart & forecaddie*
18 holes $390
9 holes $230  

Resort Guest walking caddie (double bag)*
18 holes $400
9 holes $230

Resort Guest walking caddie (single bag)*
18 holes $420
9 holes $242

The lodging was obscene, as well.  I wonder if there's a KOA campground in the area.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back