News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Forrest Richardson Pod Cast
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:04:24 AM »
There I was searching the iTunes store for some podcasts for an upcoming road trip when I find "Golf Smarter" and a 56 minute interview with "Forrest Richardson, golf course architect"....hmmmm. It should help pass the time between Missoula and Great Falls
 :)
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Brad Swanson

Re:Forrest Richardson Pod Cast
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:44:41 AM »
No offense to you or Forrest, Craig, but I personally would make sure you keep the window cracked if you are listening to a podcast of an GCA interview while roadtripping.  I hope the rumble strips work well in Montana. :)

Cheers,
Brad

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:35:26 AM »
Forrest takes 32 minutes to clear his throat...... ;D

I was on that pod cast last year.  I think my interview was less than 20 minutes, and I have been accused of "verbal diarrhea" myself. ;)

I never did hear the finished product.  For that matter, no one has ever commented to me that they have heard the finished product.

Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Mike McGuire

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 08:44:28 AM »

Jeff -

I heard the podcast you did on Golf Smarter. You came across very well.
But an interview is only as good as the questions.

Tom Yost

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:26 AM »
What is a "podcast" exactly?  I keep hearing about these. Is it the World Wide Web?  Is it like texting ?

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 08:52:44 AM »
Its good to know someone was listening.  Sometimes I wonder if anyone was. Of course, most golfers would rather listen to Nicklaus or Arnie take a leak over the radio than listen to an unknown gca talk seriously.......

I can't recall the exact questions, but vaguely recall having to stretch the answers out a bit to areas where I wanted to go.

Hey, at least I can say "I have fan" (not fans!) How does one listner translate in the ratings? ;)

Craig Sweet

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:49 AM »
A podcast is generally audio...like a "radio cast" and sometimes video...originally they were something you could download to your ipod and listen to, but now days everyone is downloading to whatever...
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 10:26:19 AM »
Hope mine was radio!  As they say, I have a face/body made for radio, and a voice tailor made for silent movies.....

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 10:02:22 AM »
Jeff and I rarely speak anymore. We let our poscasts talk to each other. God only knows what they are saying as neither of us is technically savvy to be able to conduct day to day living AND listen to our own podcasts.

We are working to learn how to have our podcasts create their own podcasts so we can listen to what our podcasts are saying while we are busy with other things.

Actually it was fun. Last night I was at the AT&T Phone Store looking at new phones for our crew because Verizon has decided that service in Mexico or Europe is not worth their time. While there I picked up an iPhone and searched for my name...there was the bloddy podcast! So, in the tradition of RTJ, I cranked up the volume and hit play...then quietly left the store.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back