News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Re:NOVEMBER 17 OUTING AT MORGAN CREEK GCC
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 01:03:11 PM »
Kiddie soccer games: Perhaps the most OT thread hijacking I've ever seen. :P

I'll play a second ball for you Kevin!!!

Kyle:  with all due respect, bite me.

;D

:'(
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Stan Dodd

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 10:57:42 AM »
Jed,
The mighty Breakers are the #1 seed in the football playoffs this Friday night, which means we had to reschedule our dance to Saturday and I have to be there...the joys of a high school principal.  I will have to pass on golf.  Thanks for your efforts  and hope everyone has fun.
Cheers
Stan

Jed Peters

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
In light of Kevin and Stan, I have re-arraigned the times AGAIN.

Note there are some 5 somes.

ed_getka

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »
Jed,
    Thanks again for your efforts. Looking forward to meeting some more GCA'ers, seeing your course, and hearing what Kyle has to say. Should be a great day.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jed Peters

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 12:43:13 AM »
check the revised times, there's some updates.

JohnV

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 10:11:34 AM »
Jed,

Glad I decided to look at this thread today before it dropped off the first page since you moved me from the last group to the first one.  I would have driven into the parking lot at my tee time otherwise.

Consider this a bump for others who might have had their times changed.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »
Sorry I had to pull out at the last moment.  With the holiday week coming up I needed to schedule a business meeting on Saturday.  Hope everyone has a great time.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2007, 12:29:17 AM »
Great event today! A big thank you to Jed for organizing the outing, to the staff at Morgan Creek for their comradery and hospitality, and to Mark and Kyle for the book and presentation.

It was great to meet everyone. I hope to cross paths with all of you again very soon and I look forward to the ensuing discussion.

Ditto from my dad.

Cheers,
Kyle

"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2007, 01:41:00 AM »
That was a really fun day. I'm tired, and bummed about Oklahoma losing to Texas Tech, so I'll do my writing tomorrow.

I'm not sure how many people realize that USC, Oklahoma, Cal, Oregon, and Michigan's big losses - among others - have all come with their starting QB's injured and their backups not quite able to make it happen. That's the real story this year.

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
Matt, as a Bruin I am well aware of the scenio.  Coaches have not done a very good job in preparing for the back-up situation.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Mike Benham

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 02:55:58 PM »
Is it a sign that parity, talented kids going to many different programs, causing the lack of depth at many key positions the reason?

Or perhaps, in the case of Oregon, the offense is center around the specific unique talent of Dixon, that when he got hurt, the backup quarterback had zero opportunity for success to run the same offensive scheme?  (which is Lynn S's point I guess)
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 04:10:02 PM »
Mike,

Yes, and coaching/philosophical changes are an issue too. Brady Leaf was recruited to play in a completely different style offense. He's not supposed to be able to run an offense like Oregon's, or at least it's not what he does best.

That's not the case at Oklahoma however. Haizle had attempted a grand total of nine snaps before coming in last night. That's a surprise given all of OU's blowout wins back in August and September.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back