News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Ran's Course Profiles
« on: November 10, 2007, 12:24:47 PM »
It's been a while since I've been over all of them but recently I read a couple of them and they are just great.

Some courses have new pictures and commentary though the date is not changed (Shoreacres, for example).

New profiles on courses such as Redtail and the Jockey Club (ok, not brand new, but still) are great, and it is cool to see some great courses that are not so talked about.  Plus, the varied locations of courses in the profiles are awesome for people, like myself, who have not gotten a chance to travel as Ran has.

I encourage everybody to check out these reviews, or double check some of them.  I found rereading some I read a long while ago was just as appealing as reading some of the newer ones.  Perhaps that is testimony to how awesome these reviews are.  

But seriously, take advantage of the awesome pictures and descriptions!

Thanks Ran
 :)

Matthew Hunt

Re:Ran's Course Profiles
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 12:30:01 PM »
They are the best reviews you can get!

George_Bahto

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 01:27:42 PM »
What is so interesting is that Ran does not usually take a single note (but lots of pictures) and many times visits  courses just once.
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Matt OBrien

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 01:29:18 PM »
Those reviews are what helped me find GCA. When I google a course and GCA has thier profile it is usually the first link there. That goes to show how good they are. Good work Ran!

Eric Franzen

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »
When I google a course and GCA has thier profile it is usually the first link there. That goes to show how good they are.

I'd hate to be that guy... but no, a high position in Google's listings doesn't show how good they are.  ;)

The name of the course is both included in the URL and the title tags on the page for the profile together with numerous mentions in the actual content. That combination makes wonder when it comes to get a good ranking in Google's directory.

Which is a great thing, I must add. That's what made you, me and a ton of other people discover this site.

Gene Greco

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »
What is so interesting is that Ran does not usually take a single note (but lots of pictures) and many times visits  courses just once.

Indeed, his recall and impressions are astounding.
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Jordan Wall

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 12:54:35 AM »
Just curious, Ran has a new picture up on GCA's homepage.

Does anyone know what course that is?

It's a great picture!

Eric Franzen

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 01:36:37 AM »
Just curious, Ran has a new picture up on GCA's homepage.

Does anyone know what course that is?

It's a great picture!

It looks very CBM/Seth Raynor and the picture is named "sleepy.jpg", so my guess is Sleepy Hollow CC.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back