News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Jay Flemma

Re:An architect named Arthur Vernon Macan
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
But I still want to know about Capuchino CC!  ;D

Go down to Starbucks and they'll give you a grande for $5.95 ;D

Al right, thread reopened on the proviso that everyone realize Tommy's jealous somebody found out something about Behr he didnt know and now he has to cry like Nancy Kerrigan.  Just ignore TomFoolery, he forgot to put on his turd polish today.

QUICK BILL, GARLAND...PASS THE CHUMP REPELLENT.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 12:00:25 PM by Jay Flemma »

Sean_Tully

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
Tommy

Cal Club should not be considered a Macan original. He took over from Lock after work had started and they would not allow for many changes to the course.

Bill

Capuchino is an interesting course that was built prior to Union League that bordered it to the South. Look at a google map and you can see the oval like road on the property. THe golf course surrounded that as it was the interior of the property. The clubhouse is still there!!! Very few pics remain of the course. It was a colloboration of Whiting and Behr after Behr was brought in to check on Whiting's work at O Club from what I can tell it was only advisory. Its too bad the course is gone as the property is a little more gentle than Union League.

Tully

Bill_McBride

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
Well now you've REALLY got me.  Union League?  Also NLE like Capuchino?  Are there any existing aerials to show where these were?  Where were they relative to the O Club and other Lake Merced courses?

Thanks, Tully, this is fascinating stuff.

Sean_Tully

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »
bill

Sorry about that. I have a tendancy to refer to the original names of courses.

Union League > Millbrae CC > Greenhills

Capuchino > El Camino > NLE

Tully

Bill_McBride

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »
Gotcha.  So was Capucino on the same miserable terrain as Green Hills and Peninsula and Burlingame CC?  Interesting how those courses took the poor land and the Lake Merced area courses were built on terrific terrain.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back