News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Spaulding

Re:Sleepy Hollow CC-#16
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
Excellent work. The RJ version looks like an alien wearing a tam o' shanter pulled tight.

Corey, what was the logic behind bringing RJ on the property in the first place....and what are the feelings at the club today towards him?
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

corey miller

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 02:23:36 PM »

I suspect Rees was chosen because he was Rees and i certainly have no idea what the mission statement may have been.

I do think the average club member thinks most all renovation architects are interchangeable as are the contractors.

Luckily, we had a chairman that was/became educated and devoted a lot of time to the project and also devoted a lot of time in educating the decision makers within the club.

We were very cognizant of getting approval of a complete plan and not a piecemeal chinese menu that many clubs and architects wind up accepting.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 11:14:38 AM »
This has to be the singl worst restoration/renovation Rees ever did. I'd have to see photographic proof to convince me otherwise.

I'm sure Rees was hired for two reasons A) he was famous and 3) he can sling the bull better than almost anybody in the business when it comes to addressing green committees.

Anthony

corey miller

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »

Tony

Aren't you assuming that Rees has  actually  seen what HE did?   ;D

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 02:14:44 PM »
Corey,

What a great point you make? Maybe it wasn't his fault after all because he was never there!

Are there any members who have voiced the opinion that the Rees work is better than the Hanse-Bahto (Haahto?) work?

Anthony

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 07:38:34 PM »
This has to be the singl worst restoration/renovation Rees ever did. I'd have to see photographic proof to convince me otherwise.

Darnit...where are those pictures I took of Ridgewood (since corrected) and Quaker Ridge (since corrected?)?   :o ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back