News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

Re:Joe Passov's Dream 18
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »
if I were to decide to hit 4 iron - 4 iron - Wedge...

You would be in the front bunker at best ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

JESII

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »
But I have a really strong wedge...

Adam Clayman

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »
Sully, I find the whole to hole to be challenging. Meaning the margins for error get smaller and smaller as one approaches the green. Sure you could lay up with shorter clubs, leaving longer ones in, but, what hole is immune to your point? More than likely, if you are playing there, it's either a competition or on a corporate outing. Either way, you might need to try to make a three. Could you? Sure, with two fine shots and a putt. You might need a birdie to win, do you try to get on in two and two putt, or, play safe to the 100 yard mark? I can tell you finding the 100 yard mark is no small feat since the cant of the fairway towards the bunker to the left is significant. A ball hit center has a good chance to roll all the way over to that bunker. Firmness depending, of course.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tim Leahy

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 05:42:30 PM »
For those of you that have played the hole often...more than my two times...is this really one of the great holes or even par fives on the planet?

Yes, period. If you can stand on the 18th tee at Pebble and not appreciate what a great hole is in front of you then you are way too focused on a ten yard patch of fairway out there somewhere.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

JR Potts

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 05:47:36 PM »
18th at Shadow Creek???? ::)

Nah.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 01:35:57 AM »
Huck, how penal is #18 Pebble for the mid-handicapper?  You said water left, OB/trees/bunkers right on the drive.  Much of the same on the 2nd and 3rd, yes?  

I've never played there.  Looks incredibly beautiful.  

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 10:25:42 AM »
Huck, how penal is #18 Pebble for the mid-handicapper?  You said water left, OB/trees/bunkers right on the drive.  Much of the same on the 2nd and 3rd, yes?  

I've never played there.  Looks incredibly beautiful.  

It's quite penal, as beyond spraying the ball, the typical mid-handicapper doesn't exactly have Tiger's course management skills (no offense intended).  But yes, ocean continues up left said, OB up right, the entire length of the hole.  As Adam says, it gets narrower the closer you get to the green.  It is one tough golf hole for damn near all players... so higher handicappers would find it especially tough.

It's not overly severe or undoable, though... it's wide enough on the tee shot, and then the 2nd and 3rd you just have to perform and/or play smart.  

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back