News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Rooney

Pronghorn,Promontory,Stock Farm Appraisal
« on: May 26, 2007, 11:28:08 AM »
Visited these developments which were exceptionlly well groomed,however am perplexed regarding their golf evaluation.Kindly offer a comparable (course Only) assessment:Tee/Fairway Forgiveness Driver(Only),Greenside Bunkering (Balance), Hole Variety, Difficulty(greens,fairways,length,blind shots,etc.), Hole Memorability,Experience/Thrill. Many Thanks!

cary lichtenstein

Re:Pronghorn,Promontory,Stock Farm Appraisal
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
Anything else you want to know ;D
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 01:00:08 PM »
I will, for a modest fee.

Bob. ;)

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 02:45:08 PM »
The Dye Course at Promontory is fun. I played there once last year and have been around the course several times. It was quite a challenging site for Pete and Family — the canyons and elevation changes are significant. There were only a couple of holes I have questioned — namely the 9th with its mostly blind lake. I have yet to ask Perry about that...I am sure he has a rationale.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tim Rooney

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »
Forrest,Many thanks for your overview.I thought Promontory to be outstanding with an excellent variety of design and elevation changes.Despite the extreme back tee length, the mountain air provides playability.Enjoyed a rare moment playing a new course quite well ,savoring a par on the downhill third hole into a stiff wind (720)yds.Unfortunately,my wife disliked the development, hence the additional location visits.

Tim Rooney

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 06:39:53 PM »
Carry,I,as many,view GCA(daily) as a wonderful information resource,posting very infrequently, fearful of offense with 0 architecture foundation but a  keen fascination.I will continue from the periphery.
To formally answer Question-------From you NO THANKS!!

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 09:01:26 PM »
Too bad that Promontory did not stack up for you. I think the eventual build-out of faclities there will constitute a lot of options...and the views aren't bad!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:01:38 PM by Forrest Richardson »
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tim Rooney

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 11:34:35 PM »
Forrest, is my memory correct that your firm was commisioned the Promontory Executive Course?

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 11:50:07 PM »
Yes. It will be finished next year according to current schedules. If my wife would entertain a lot I would find a way to not let her see any of the other local offerings!
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back