News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Indiana Golf Course Quest...
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:31:24 AM »
Okay "old schoolers", here's a tough one for you!

I have a friend who has a money clip he got from his uncle, Eugene Mazzo.  Apparently Eugene played in the 1972 Indiana Amateur Pro-Am at a course with the initials GCC.

Does anyone know what course that might have been?

The quest continues...
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Chris_Clouser

Re:Indiana Golf Course Quest...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:54:51 AM »
Evan,

I have a list of the champions of all the IGA events in history at home.  But I don't know that it lists the courses.  Looking up the courses around the state on the IGA site gave me three possibilities.

Garret Country Club
Greenfield Country Club
Greensburg Country Club

If I were to hazard a guess as to which one of those three I would say Greensburg as it is the only one of the three I have heard anything good about.  I've played Greenfield and I can't imagine they would ever host anything of significance there.  Hope that helps.

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:29:30 PM »
Possibly at Notre Dame???
GCC
God's Country Club

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »
Uhhhhhh...no...
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Andy Troeger

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 05:47:46 PM »
There is also a Greenhurst CC in Auburn, IN (near Ft. Wayne). Its not a bad course, although very short and narrow. I would not guarantee it had been built though in 1972.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back