News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Mira Vista Country Club, Ft. Worth, TX
« on: April 23, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »
I played this course for the first time last week and instantly fell in love with it. It has a great set-up with numerous risk reward holes. Weiskopf did great work here and I wonder how others feel.

Peter Zarlengo

Re:Mira Vista Country Club, Ft. Worth, TX
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »
Sam-
How does this course stack up to others in the Dalls-Fort Worth area? I've heard that there is some good golf in the area and heard good things about Las Colinas and River Crest. Never played, but any thoughts about those courses and the area as a whole?

Sam Morrow

Re:Mira Vista Country Club, Ft. Worth, TX
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:42:22 PM »
Sam-
How does this course stack up to others in the Dalls-Fort Worth area? I've heard that there is some good golf in the area and heard good things about Las Colinas and River Crest. Never played, but any thoughts about those courses and the area as a whole?

I have only been in the area for about 6 months so I have not played a lot of the courses yet but I am making a dent in the local golf scene. I have not played Las Colinas CC but have played TPC and it's a nice little course. I have heard the greens are terrible, I will be at the tournament most of the week so I will see for myself. My boss used to be at River Crest and he raves about it as does everyone else I know. I really enjoyed the variety of holes at Mira Vista and had no idea there was that kind of topography in Ft. Worth. Standing on the first tee for the first time you have no idea where to hit it and you don't see very much landing area. Of what I have played in the Metroplex I have enjoyed Mira Vista, Dallas Athletic- Blue, and Stonebridge-Hills the most. I have played Colonial a number of times and it's great but doesn't knock your socks off but it's a must play for the history.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back