News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Calusa Pines
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:42:50 PM »
I have some friends visiting this club and one asked me to find out what the treehouse thinks.  My search of past threads revealed uniformly rave reviews.

Anyone have views on this course?

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:Calusa Pines
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 12:56:57 PM »
Jason, I have heard it is a good course. I am looking forward to seeing it as well.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 06:14:03 PM »
When Dana Frye joined Hurdzan the result was good.  Calusa Pines is indeed their best work.  Hurdzan made pretty golf courses that didn't have very many good golf holes.  Calusa Pines is "pretty" but has a bunch of great holes.  It has a  great risk-reward short par four.The land is rolling and the change of elevation is wonderful for Naples.  The mens locker room is awesome.  Ask how it was designed.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:12:34 PM by tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »
The site was dead flat...was

boring dead flat and they did a wonderful job with the course

The shapers they used were superb. You will find it quite enchanting and creative
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Brad Tufts

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 09:25:12 PM »
I thought the new Shelter Harbor is Charlestown, RI was a pleasant surprise by H/F....rolling, glacier-influenced terrain with natural looking bunkering.....and a 360 degree practice range that is killer...

-Brad
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Michael Ryan

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:35:33 AM »
Jason,

Can't say enough about Calusa, one of the best experiences in golf, the clubhouse and locker room make you feel like it has been there for ages.  

The golf course is very very good, I thought the conditioning was fantastic.  I really enjoyed the fact that it had a short par 4 on each 9 that can offer an opportunity at Birdie (I missed two short putts) and can also trip up a round (different 4 hdcp's in my group doubled each of them from the fairway).  

Hope your friends enjoy it as much as I did.

Mike

Jason Topp

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 10:40:04 AM »
Thanks Michael.  My friends had an incredible time.  Great weather, terrific atmosphere and very challenging green surrounds.  I was more than jealous I did not go on the trip.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back