News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Close-out sale on Mike Miller paintings
« on: October 13, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »
I was in Mike's studio this summer and he was showing me this and that. In the process, it became cumbersome as he has so many of his works scattered, always tinkering with this sky or that shadow, etc.

I urged him to just be done with it and let's have a GCA.com close-out sale.

Several months later, Mike has agreed. The following Mike Miller paintings are close-out priced at $4500. They are 36” x 48” oil/panel unless otherwise noted.

“Cypress Point First Hole, circa 1929”   page 77 in The Art of Golf Design

“Late Afternoon, Thirteenth at Cypress Point, circa 1929”  page 15 in The Art of Golf Design

“Sixteenth at Cypress Point, circa 1929”  (36” x 45”) on GolfClubAtlas.com

“Daybreak at Cypress Point’s Seventeenth, circa 1929 (31” x 48”) page 63 in The Art of Golf Design

“Eighteenth Hole and Old Del Monte Lodge at Pebble Beach, c. 1955” on GolfClubAtlas.com

“Storm Breaking up, the 13th at Pine Valley Golf Club, c.1935” on GolfClubAtlas.com

“The Sandy Carry at Pine Valley’s Third”  page 34 in The Art of Golf Design

“Sunrise at Riviera’s Fourth, c.1995” (36” x 40”) on GolfClubAtlas.com

“Riviera’s 16th, Summer Afternoon, c.1997” on GolfClubAtlas.com

“The Sentinels to the left of #16 at The Valley Club of Montecito” on GolfClubAtlas.com

“Autumn at The Country Club’s Fourth Hole” on page 78 The Art of Golf Design

“Windy Day at Dornoch, Whinny Brae Hole” on page 121 The Art of Golf Design

“The Cape Hole at the National, circa 2000” on page 125 The Art of Golf Design

“Augusta National’s Sixteenth, circa 1932” on page 161 in The Art of Golf Design

“Timber Point’s Twelfth, circa 1925” on page 165 In The Art of Golf Design

“Fourteenth at Crystal Downs, circa 1997” on page 175  The Art of Golf Design

For years, I had Arthur Weaver prints in my office and library. After having commisssioned Westward Ho! from Mike, though, prints just don't compare to original art. The downside of original art of course is generally the $$$$. However, at the price of $4,500 some/much of the sting has been taken out. Galleries sell Mike's work for up to 4 times the price quoted above. After the pain of paying for it has subsided, you'll have a genuine work of art to admire for decades.

All queries should go directly to Mike Miller at email mgmart@sbcglobal.net or telephone 310.836.5202.

Hope you consider buying one - I've never once regretted any of the four paintings that I've bought/commissioned from him.

Cheers,

SPDB

Re:Close-out sale on Mike Miller paintings
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 06:35:37 PM »
Ran -
I'm curious - if you don't mind disclosing, apart from Westward Ho!, which ones do you own?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »
All I can say is... if I won the lottery, Mike would too!  ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

brad_miller

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 06:08:32 AM »
Bump

please note: Michael Miller is offering through December 2006 close out pricing on his original works. Pricing varies from $2,500 to $7,500 dependent upon size with a 36' x 48' oil on canvas being $4,500. Available works are seen below as well as in The Art of Golf Design by Geoff Shackelford and Mike Miller. For more information, please contact Mike Miller directly at telephone 310.836.5202 or at email mgmart@sbcglobal.net
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:10:23 AM by brad_miller »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back