News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

SBendelow

Tom Bendelow biography
« on: October 25, 2006, 02:43:48 PM »
The biography of Thomas "Tom" Bendelow, the Johnny Appleseed of American Golf , is now availble from the author.  S. W. Bendelow, at P.O. Box 2041, Bluffton, S.C. 29910 or bendelowsr@hargray.com.
The prepaid cost is $20.00 + $5.00 S&H, (Priority Mail) :)

wsmorrison

Re:Tom Bendelow biography
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 04:43:48 PM »
Congratulations.  As an author of a book on Wm. Flynn awaiting publication, I thank you for the time and effort required for such a project.  I am sure it was a labor of love for you more than anything else.  I look forward to receiving my copy.
Best regards,
Wayne

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:47:51 PM »
I meant to post on this awhile ago, and it got by me.

Stuart Bendelow gave a terrific talk at Olympia Fields to the Heritage Committee, a group of club historians in the midwest (I believe that they are seeking to expand across the country).  Anyways, Stuart had fascinating insights into his grandfather, and his book is very well done.

Jeff Goldman
That was one hellacious beaver.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »
I have had my copy a few months now and have read it and lent it to Lou Duran for reading (Sorry, Stuart, I know you would have wanted to sell him a copy....) and think it should be in the collection of anyone interested enough to participate here.

There is some new information there to flesh out TB as something other than a basic architect.  I got my copy right after getting the Medinah club history which wondered if Bendelow knew of the plans to put real estate in the middle of No. 3.  Stuarts book has a copy of the routing and housing with Toms name on it, answering that question!
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 12:24:42 AM »
Stuart,

Congratulations on completing the book, an onerous but rewarding task I can only assume. How much extra will I need to spend to have the book mailed to Canada?

TK

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 10:38:33 AM »
I guess I missed the fact that the book was out.  But, I shall send the check today.  Or, before I send it, is there a paypal set up?

Congrats Stuart.  Tom Bendelow must have been a fascinating man.  Just to think of how prolific he was across a wide section of the country, before travel easy.  
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

SBendelow

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 04:19:23 PM »
List on the book is $24.95.
A limited number are available to GCA and GCS members for $20.00 + S&H - prepaid - from me.

Postage makes a difference:
one book = $5.00  Priority mail
two to six books = $10.00   Priority mail

Postage to Canada is $8.00 for one book

Sorry, I have not had a chance to install a PayPal account yet.

Please email me with any questions.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 04:25:02 PM »
Once in a while, a spot of unashamed product 'plugging' should be welcomed on this Site. IMHO, this is one of those occasions.

Stuart, I am delighted to see the completion of the work. Would you please, please set up a Paypal account so us UK folks can buy easily!!!

Best (from the old country!)
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 05:18:07 PM »
Once in a while, a spot of unashamed product 'plugging' should be welcomed on this Site. IMHO, this is one of those occasions.

Stuart, I am delighted to see the completion of the work. Would you please, please set up a Paypal account so us UK folks can buy easily!!!

FBD.
Stuart,

Just send him a check for the amount in US Dollars. The banks will do the conversion before debitting your bank account.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 06:58:16 PM »

FBD.
Stuart,

Just send him a check for the amount in US Dollars. The banks will do the conversion before debitting your bank account.

Stuart,
what Garland says is right. YOU send ME some money AND a copy of the book.....

Garland,
"Put down the glass and step away from the bottle, otherwise we pour..."! ;)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Dan Moore

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 11:35:20 PM »
Stuart,

Congrats on completion of this important contribution to the GCA literature.  My check will be in the mail soon.  
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back