News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil McDade

pairings
« on: August 18, 2006, 08:57:16 PM »
Don't know if pairings are out yet, or if this is right, but the last four pairings should be:

Riley-Olgivy
Woods-Love
Herron-Donald
Stenson-Andrade

Woods-Love have played together in the Ryder Cup, and should be fun to watch. Herron-Donald likely sets a record for thickest-thinnest combo in a recent major.

Say what you will about the course and the proliferation of under-par rounds, it's producing a pretty interesting leaderboard. Four-way tie, Tiger and Ogilvy a stroke back, and lots of good lurkers -- Sergio, Toms, Weir, Lefty, Scott, Olazabal -- not that far back. Plus some good stories in the likes of Mayfair and Funk, and the Ryder Cup backdrop. Should be a fun weekend.

Frank Pasquale

Re:pairings
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:26:35 AM »
The pairing sheet I saw on pga.com had Ogilvy with Love third from the last, and Woods with Riley fourth from the last.

That is a mistake, since Woods holed out before Ogilvy, and should be with Love, third from the last.

Phil McDade

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 08:15:18 AM »
My morning paper has the same pairings. Odd -- whatever happened to last in/first out? Tiger holed his birdie, and Ogilvy was last in with his par putt. Any explanations? (Tiger and Riley played in the Ryder Cup together as well -- wasn't it after their match together that Riley tired out?)

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 08:30:19 AM »
I don't think it's "last in" when you're in the same group - in that situation, it reverts to the order the group teed off on the 1st tee (ie if Tiger teed off before Ogilvy, Ogilvy would go in the later group).  That's the way we run tournaments at our club anyway.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back