News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

Tom Doak's wish list
« on: July 14, 2006, 11:25:12 PM »
I'm not sure when this list was written on the Renaissance web site but I thought it was cool to follow up on it some time later:

Top 10 Places We'd Like To Work

Great Lakes region: Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ontario

The British Isles: links or heathland terrain

Rocky Mountains

New England: Cape Cod, Boston

done!   Australia  (Barnbougle)

Southeast U.S.

done!   Long Island, New York   (Sebonack)

done!   Southern California   (Stone Eagle)

done!   Sand Hills region, Nebraska   (Ballyneal)

done!   New Zealand   (Cape Kidnappers)

Pretty good progress, so far. Did I forget any?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 11:26:07 PM by Matt_Cohn »

Bill_McBride

Re:Tom Doak's wish list
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 11:30:36 PM »
Links near Muirfield (UK) at Archerfield, right?

Tim Bert

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 11:50:25 PM »
Southeast US - Come on down to Nashville and build us a nice muni!

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 11:53:02 AM »
I think Montana counts as the Rocky Mountains, too.

When I posted that years ago, several people advised against it, saying I might turn off potential clients in other locales who stumbled across it.

But, the converse was, we attracted more attention in the places we really DID want to work.  When Julian Robertson called about Cape Kidnappers initially, he noted dryly that New Zealand was only tenth on our list, but he hoped his site would still be interesting to us.

So, my advice to others is, pursue your dreams.  And I've got a new wish list in the hopper, although my web master is a bit slow in getting it posted.

Doug Ralston

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:30:33 PM »
Don't waste your time in Nashville, when you can join the parade of quality courses on the Kentucky Golf Trail. The State is paying very well to get good quality Architects for their 'Signature Series', which is already excellent. Contact them, Tom, with your interest. You might get something really lucrative and with a LOT of freedom.

Doubt me? Look what the Ault Brothers did at Dale Hollow and Hidden Cove, and what Hills & Assoc did at Eagle Ridge, Hurdzan at Wasioto Winds and Mineral Mound. Better 'Golf Trail' than Alabama ........ I truly believe it. And One look at ER or Dale Hollow will show you how much leeway you might get to build what YOU want.

So if you want to be free for your art, consider talking to them. I admit I do not know exactly how this works, but I do know they search out quality people to do these courses.....and that more are planned.

Just my thoughts. Kentucky golf is growing fast.

Doug

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back