News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Spets

7th Course at St Andrews
« on: June 25, 2006, 04:39:05 AM »
Had a chance to meet Paul Kimber, the architect with David Kidd Design who's overseeing the construction of the new course in St Andrews, over a Guiness last night...and he's offered to take me to the site of the newest course sometime in the next few weeks.  He says it's scheduled for opening in 2008.  Paul is a young guy who's been with Kidd for a few years now.  I expect to go down and check things out in the next week and will be posting some pictures following the visit.  The course does not have a name yet...a competition is being conducted to choose it.  An interesting note about the current courses run by the Links Trust.  The first initials of each course spell out B.Jones.  (Balgrove, Jubilee, Old, New, Eden and Strathtyrum)  Just a little caddy trivia.  Believe me, I'll have plenty more before it's over.  

Pictures of the 7th course soon.

ForkaB

Re:7th Course at St Andrews
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 04:44:16 AM »
Good stuff Doug

I thought that 2007 was the opening date (the Links Trust website still says that).  What gives?

As for the name, it has to begin with a "T", for Tyre.  How about the "Tyre" course (creativity levels low after a wild Saturday night.....).

Rich

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 04:58:14 AM »
Could the Gods of Golf be Rolling Stones fans? Could Brian Jones in fact have taken on the role of diety, as a Golf God, and wanted to let the world know that he is looking over all of the courses in St. Andrews?

I just hope he is better at being a Golf God then he was at being a swimmer...

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 05:01:19 AM »
Doug, by the way, I have met Paul when he had just joined-up with David Kidd during Tom Doak's Archipalooza, and he did seem like a pretty good guy. In fact, I think we even shared the same plane ride down there from Portland.

Send him my best if you should meet up with him again.

Brian Phillips

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 05:52:11 AM »
Doug,

Don't tell him that you are from GCA or you will not get on... ;)

Both David and Paul are not fans of this site...and have been known to call us Trainspotters of Golf Course Architecture...
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 06:15:17 AM »

Both David and Paul are not fans of this site...and have been known to call us Trainspotters of Golf Course Architecture...

Oh my god what do they call us now that it's got so boring! ;D
Let's make GCA grate again!

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 04:27:06 PM »
I have the feeling that the 7th course at St. A is a case of the OLD BOYS SCHOOL, it is who you know not what you can do that counts. Maybe thats why they are opening a year late.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:27:47 PM by Jon Wiggett »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back