News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Kyle Harris

Kill 'em for a minute or so
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:13:10 PM »
How would today's architects be reviewed if they were all killed in the next minute?

...but seriously.

There is a definite divergance in the manner in which golf courses are discussed on GCA. With the exception of Tom Paul and Pat Mucci, none of us on here are of the age to have gotten to know the likes of Flynn, Tillie, Ross, Maxwell, et. al. on a personal level - nor were we given the change to interact with them on such a forum.

As such, their personality is really only reflected in what they've left behind.

There have been several threads lately dealing with the idea that knowing the architect, either through business relationship or here on GCA, and providing criticism and review of their work.

How do perceptions change of a catalogue of work over time as the architect's personalities and other little quirks are softened or put through the meatgrinder of time?

How does anyone feel that today's active architects will be perceived in the next 60 years?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:19:34 PM by Kyle Harris »

Jeff_Brauer

Re:Kill 'em for a minute or so
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 08:15:21 PM »
Dying is always a good career move, but I am not willing to go that far quite yet to have my courses viewed more favorably.....
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:20:06 PM »
I've added more.

Jeff, as always, thanks for your candor.  :D

Mark_Fine

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »
Does anyone feel differently about Mike Strantz?  I don't.  I always loved seeking out his golf courses and will continue to his designs whenever I have the opportunity.  Forrest and I were fortunate to do one of the last interviews with him for our book.  His wife Heidi was very helpful throughout.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back