News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gary Daughters

Re:Have they been excluded from modern designs ?
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 09:42:55 PM »

Paul Cowley..

No boxes?

No boldface?

No italics?

And you consider yourself an expert?
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

JC Urbina

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2006, 09:53:17 PM »
Pat  I actually tried to have Tony Russell do a gathering bunker on the 12th hole at Pacific Dunes.  That bunker is now affectionaly called the career bunker, because Tony after several hundred attempts could not get what I was trying to do and coincidently that is when I was laid up for a few days and couldn't communicate my ideas to Tony.  Don from our company finished it up and Tom liked how the bunker turned out so the idea died a slow death.  My favorite set of gathering bunkers are at Muirfield links in Scotland

TEPaul

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »
Jim Urbina!

I'll be damned. This website is picking up.  ;)

Where is Steele's Carnegie Abbey? All of a sudden I can't remember.

If it's in the USA shouldn't we be all over this guy like ticks in a hot August hayfield? I thought you could only do low cut collecting bunkers like that with no "rough rings" on the other side. ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 10:36:08 PM by TEPaul »

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 07:21:08 AM »
Tom,

It is located on and next to Portsmouth Abbey which is Sean Berry's old school. The original developer who is now gone, sold the monks that it would be a low key Scottish style place.

Portsmouth Abbey (under the patronage of St. Gregory the Great) is a community of Benedictine monks located on 500 acres of land on the shores of Narragansett Bay, just 7 miles north of Newport, Rhode Island. Our mission is to seek God in community, guided by the Gospel and the Rule of St. Benedict, and by prayer and work to sanctify ourselves, those who live and work with us and the entire world. In keeping with the mission spirit of the congregation's early history, we run a college preparatory boarding school for boys and girls.

In routing the course, Steel also kept many of the old stone walls around and integrated them into his routing above and below. This and some burial grounds forced a few long walks between holes, and it is walking only - no carts, but it is a very pleasant walk in all places.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back