News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel Zuckerman

A name to bear in mind: Mark Anderson
« on: May 15, 2009, 12:58:20 PM »
Thought you all might want to familiarize with an up-and-comer, a recent USC (South Carolina) grad and Walker Cup hopeful.  His claim to fame at this point is a birdie-birdie-birdie-birdie-birdie-eagle finish to capture a major Aussie amateur event a few months back called the Masters of the Amateurs, where he defeated Ricky Fowler (USA's number #1 ranked am) in a playoff.

We went around Secession Club in his hometown of Beaufort, SC, yesterday.  He hit the driver maybe twice on the 7,000+ yard course, made 8 birdies, no bogeys, to tie his personal best on the GC---64,  One word will suffice---wow!

Lou_Duran

Re: A name to bear in mind: Mark Anderson
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:04:14 PM »
There is so much talent out there it is scary.  How many times did Stenson hit the driver at Sawgrass?  When the 3 metal goes 300 yards, the game is much easier.  I bet Mark is a fantastic putter.

BigEdSC

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 01:28:35 PM »
I was heading back to Charleston a couple of months ago and called a friend of mine to get a game up.  His answer was "Big Ed, sorry that I'm not going to be in town this weekend.  I'm teamed up with one of the best amateurs in the country this weekend in the Partners Championship (an SCGA tournament)."

Sure enough, Mark and Smunkie won it.

Stephen Brown

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
Gents:

Mark finished his last 36 holes at The Players AM with rounds of 63 - 60 to win the tournament by 5.

http://www.playersam.com/scores08.php

Steve

Mark Pearce

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
The Irish amateur Shane Lowry shot a 62 today at County Louth to lead the Irish Open on -15 in a field including Harrington (MC), McIlroy, Monty and MacDowell (a 61 today, including being -7 for his first six holes after a 77 yesterday).
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back