News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Colonia CC in NJ(Bendelow/White)
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:48:08 PM »
Attention New Jersey:A friend who recently moved to the area  is interested in joining this club. Apparently, there is a membership drive with no initiation fee due for  1 year. Anyone know what's going on here? What about the course?

www.coloniacc.net
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mark chalfant

Re:Colonia CC in NJ(Bendelow/White)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 07:59:05 PM »
a friend told me that it is sporty  with not much elevation change. I believe the greens are smallish with with some   fairly bold interior contour.  I think Patrick Mucci  and Matt Sullivan have played Colonia a few times.

David Panzarasa

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:47 AM »
I have played there many times, this is a very tight course, short holes, usually very well kept (might be an issue though right now and in the future). The greens I personally really like, very interesting greens! nice approach shots, and the course makes you think. your not hitting driver on the majority of the par 4's at all. Very fun sporty course.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 02:43:30 PM »
Steve:

If memory serves -- I believe Ron Forse has done some significant work with the course. Ditto what David has said -- Colonia and Glen Ridge are cut from the same type of cloth.

However, if one should be interested in seeing that type of architecture magnified on a layout of roughly comparable overall yardage -- head to Morris County GC inConvent Station. This is one Raynor that offers plenty.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back