News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

John Daly can be so cool and so right.
« on: January 26, 2006, 10:22:09 PM »
I was just watching the Golf Channel and JD was playing a practice round with Vijay and a couple of other guys at The Old Course.  His comment to Vijay at one point was: "You have 35 options of what shot to hit -  this is the only Major where you can do that  - that's why I love it here."  He of course complained that he smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes because the round took so long but he does appreciate a great course.

Glenn Spencer

Re:John Daly can be so cool and so right.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:04:23 AM »
Jerry,

Couldn't agree more, I like JD a lot, but I think he would be a lot "cooler" if he won like he should. I can't even  imagine how great he could have been without all the demons. He must have so much talent to be able to swing like that and compete, never mind win two majors and PGA tournaments 13 years apart and a major championship without playing a practice round on a course like Crooked Stick.

Jerry Kluger

Re:John Daly can be so cool and so right.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 09:21:55 AM »
My pooint was how cool he was for recognizing what makes TOC and other British Open venues so great.  As far as the rest of his life - he's lucky he can play golf otherwise I doubt his life would have amounted to much.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back