News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brendan Dolan

Re:Article on Erin Hills
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2005, 10:40:12 PM »
I just wanted to clarify some things after reading through this thread again.  First off it was truly a team effort for the architects.  On average both Ron and Dana were there at least a day or two every week.  Mike Hurdzan also made a number of site visits during the design and construction process.  Every bunker, green contour, tee was thoughtfully discussed and then a group decision was made.  The architects also relied on Rod Whitman’s expertise as well.  As the saying goes two heads are better than one, and that is how everyone tried to approach the design and construction of Erin Hills.  

I also wanted to clarify some of the issues about length.  Erin Hills has six sets of tees.  The two most forward tees play under 6,000 yards, and are very playable.  The middle tees play some where around 6,500 yards.  The next set will play around 7,000 yards.  The back tees will play around 7,600 yards.  Finally some of the holes have black back tees, which will be for those who want to challenge themselves.  These are the tees that will play around 8,100 yards.  They probably won’t get used to much, as many fine players might have a hard time breaking a hundred from them.  Erin Hills was designed to be a championship caliber course, and it will certainly test golfers mental and physical skills.

Brendan

Brendan Dolan

Re:Article on Erin Hills
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2006, 03:49:43 AM »
I visited the Erin Hills website today and realized that it has been updated a bit.  There are some photos of the course under construction and a couple of nice grow in pictures as well.  There is also a some other neat additions to the site.
http://www.erinhills.com/home.html

Brendan

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back