News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

M. Shea Sweeney

North Hills Country Club
« on: December 22, 2005, 04:01:21 PM »
Hey what can you guys tell me about North Hills Country Club in Manhasset on Long Island, besides that its next to Deepdale and Whitey Ford is a member?

cheers

Doug Braunsdorf

Re:North Hills Country Club
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 04:23:45 PM »
Mr. Sweeney;

I'm not very knowledgeable about the architectural lineage; I seem to recall reading somewhere the architect was Robert Trent Jones.  
  I do know that this is not the original location of the club.  The club's original location was in the Douglaston section of Queens, not far from the Cross Island Parkway.  As real estate closer to NYC became more valuable, the club sold off land and moved further east, into Nassau County.  The original architect was William Tucker, if my sources are correct.  
  The original course is not entirely intact; through time, it was modified, to what degree and on what holes I am not certain, but am certain that today it exists as city-operated Douglaston Park Golf Course.  
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

M. Shea Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 04:57:44 PM »
Doug-
   thanks for the information, but your right it is a RTJ design, and you were right on about douglaston, however I guess I am looking more for some info on the membership, or can we rank the club with some of our others on LI

cheers

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 05:56:09 PM »
A very close friend was an assistant pro there for a few years, it's a down to earth membership for Nassau County.  It'shilly and tree lined.  Greens are undulated but generally not kept very fast, at least according to my buddy about 5 years ago.  

Cost is moderate as far as I know.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back