News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gavrich

Miami Beach GC or Crandon Park?
« on: December 14, 2005, 10:02:15 AM »
Which is better?  I'm going down to Miami in a few days, and I'll probably play once outside of Doral.

If there are others within a reasonable distance, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Evan Fleisher

Re:Miami Beach GC or Crandon Park?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:58:11 AM »
If you have to choose between these two, take Crandon Park.

Even though Miami Beach GC is a re-do of the old Bayshore GC it is not all that great...at least from the view on the road.

Crandon Park has some interesting holes, great views, and the wind can make for a very interesting round.

I'm sure others will chime in here that you should drive NORTH towards the Ft. Lauderdale and/or Palm Beach areas...and if you have the time (1+ hours from wherever you are in Miami, give or take) I might do the same.  There are some MUCH better places to play a bit farther North, but it all depends on where in Miami you will be and what kind of time you have allotted.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »
The Links at Key Biscayne (I refuse to call it "Crandon Park."  It was the Links when I lived there (pre-Andrew) and it will always be the Links!).  A fun course which hosts the Seniors Royal Caribbean event.  Miami Beach was just a run of the mill muni just down the street from my old office when I worked for Windjammer Barefoot Cruises.  I couldn't have been improved that much.  Interesting thing about that course, though.  I used to watch Christie Kerr and her little sister pounding balls there almost every night with her dad coaching.  She was just a high school kid then, not much in the way of eye candy... :o

james soper

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 04:25:17 PM »
crandon park. both are in good shape right now. crandon can be crowded. if there is little to no wind, be prepared for the  for the no-see-ums in the early a.m and near sunset when you get near the mangroves.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 05:52:40 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what are 'no-see-ums?'
Senior Writer, GolfPass

JNC Lyon

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 08:55:15 PM »
They are tiny bugs, biting but not poisonous.  They are difficult to spot, hence the name.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Michael Robin

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 09:56:55 PM »
Tim -
Definately play Crandon (or the "Key" as it was known in my UM days).
Good set of par 3s, good driving course, some gut-checks over water,
fun.

MR.

John_Cullum

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 11:36:39 AM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what are 'no-see-ums?'

That's yankee for gnats.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back