News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

Pebble in Reverse?
« on: December 09, 2005, 06:11:35 PM »
The Scott Burrough's photos got me thinking about playing courses in reserve.  

Pebble has some interesting possibilities, 12 tee to 10 green, 11 tee  to 9 green, 9 tee to 6 green, 7 tee to 5 green (driveable?), 18 scorer's tent to 17 green ... most of the greensites aren't the right orientation but still ...

TOC has this fearture but what other links courses do you think playing in reverse is possible?

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Evan_Green

Re:Pebble in Reverse?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 06:14:02 PM »
Thats pretty creative Mike.

That would be one fun experiment to carry out in person, but unfortunately, the only way anyone would probably ever be able to play it that way is on a computer game.

Surely some of the other out and back links courses in GB&I could be played in reverse, though, no?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 06:14:59 PM by Evan_Green »

JNC Lyon

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 06:23:19 PM »
I always thought reversing holes 10-12 would be great, especially with the new 11 playing down to the ocean's edge.  Make 10 in reverse a double green with current #9.  It would require complete overhaul, but it would still be fun ;D
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

paul cowley

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 09:50:06 PM »
Guys......the last time I played Pebble from #14 to #7 in reverse was 32 years ago.....at night with a great full moon...
with my buddy John K, who I haven't seen in 31 years.

I think I was 4 over but we had a four club limit and lost balls regardless of where they were was a stroke but I was not penalized.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:03:14 PM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back