News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

peter_p

Fancourt kicking a, taking names
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:02:30 PM »
Anyone watching the South African Open at the Links at Fancourt? After two rounds only one person is better than three under (par 73). Only eight are so are under par. You'll remember the course from the President's Cup.

Tim Clark, after shooting 68, said something to the effect that you should aim away from many of the flags. Don;t know what he said after a wd round 78.

Sean Walsh

Re:Fancourt kicking a, taking names
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 11:41:57 PM »
Peter,  

Yes I have caught a little of the Faux-Links at Fancourt on FoxSports after work.  When I finished watching last night Goosen was -4 and there was someone else -6.  Clark was up there as well.

The weather so far has appeared ideal so why is it playing so tough?  Is it that tough a course?

Also I know TV flattens them out but the greens appear both small and flattish (From the few I saw on the telecast).  Is this the case in general for the course.  

Can't say I like the chequer board mowing pattern.

Garland Bayley

Re:Fancourt kicking a, taking names
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 11:58:26 AM »
The weather so far has appeared ideal so why is it playing so tough?  Is it that tough a course?

Also I know TV flattens them out but the greens appear both small and flattish (From the few I saw on the telecast).  Is this the case in general for the course.  
From what I've read, the greens are heavily contoured.
Perhaps some members of the site sufferring cabin fever and thinking about travelling to warmer climate for a game could go investigate. :)
Me, I plan on being on the course this afternoon.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back