News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Please...
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »
Reading a lot on ESPN, many of the wirters over there are calling it one of the greatest games in College Football history. While that's debatable, it sure was a thriller. No doubt about that.

Mike,
Go see, In Her Shoes. Your cousin, Hesh has a classic part in it with Shirley McClaine. Yes, it is a "You Go Girl" movie, but I still enjoyed it, plus they take some footage down at Pat's Steaks with Gino's Steaks all neon-lit in the background. Go Philly! (Cheesesteak!)

I say USC-ND in the Rose Bowl!

BTW, John Kirk called me and reminded me that I told him 31-28 ND for the final score on Thursday or Friday. I was this[]close! ;)

Lance Rieber

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 05:28:41 PM »
Early, Early prediction, IF Quinn, Samardjiza(sp) Walker and Zbikowski(sp) and others stay like Leinhart, Notre Dame will win the National Title. The atmoshpere, and hype was almost to much to bear yesterday but the game was pepto on ice for me the whole time.  Great play by all and next year I will be at one of the games.  And of course a visit to the Warren Course. Great time to play in the fall.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »
Boy, from my perspective down here in South Florida, the 2005 football season just took a turn for the better yesterday for THE UM, the Univerisity of Miami Hurricanes.

Second that...from a DIEHARD 'Canes fan since I was a little lad (a mere 25 years ago or so).

Yeah, how are they doing in the NFC South these days?

Vinny Testaverde: Penn State 1987 Fiesta Bowl MVP
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 08:03:14 PM by Kyle Harris »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2005, 09:17:01 PM »
Gordon Oneil & Evan Fleisher,

Who did Miami play this weekend ?

Gib Papazian,

You led a charmed life this saturday.

Tommy Naccarato,

USC would beat ND in the Rose Bowl,
But, ND had them beat at ND.
If Lienart fumbles into the end zone, on the field, or doesn't fumble, the game is over and ND wins.  

Ted Kramer,

Look at the replay and you'll see that the linebackers helped stack him up.  If you recalled the earlier play of 4th and one from their own 19 yard line, USC called a quick snap and got the first down because the linebackers didn't fill the hole.
At the end of the game they did, but Leinart spun, and got pushed into the end zone.  A penalty that would have been called at any other time during a game, but, not in the last few seconds.  It's like calling a foul in basketball with a few seconds remaining and the game in the balance, it just doesn't get called, and hasn't for years.

Lance Rieber,

I played the Warren Course with Ken Fry, Michael Kim and my son on a glorious friday.  We had a nice time.

Ken Fry had an excellent point.
They should have put the clubhouse at the intersection of Juniper and Douglas (?) and let the golf course fan out from there.  I'm curious as to why they chose to put the clubhouse in the middle of the property.

It was a great weekend and a great game.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:19:46 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Mike_Golden

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2005, 10:45:55 PM »
Tommy,

Thanks for the tip-I'll take my intended to it before the Dixie Cup (next weekend) and the wedding (the following weekend).

PThomas

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2005, 11:14:47 PM »
oh, I'm so sad about the Irish ;)...
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Will E

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2005, 11:24:14 PM »
GO BLUE!!
Sorry Kyle.
It was one of the best games I've been to and Michigan really needed the win after one of their sloppiest starts ever.
Tommy,
If ND couldn't beat State and squeaked by us, how could you expect them to get by SC? I'm amazed it came down to the final play. That said, as much as I root against TD Jesus, it's really hard to not want Weis to win. What a class act he is.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back