News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Cox

Louisville, KY, courses
« on: October 11, 2005, 03:06:20 PM »
Next summer, I'm moving to Louisville, where I'm going to spend a year for work.  As a lifelong northeasterner who's never even been to Kentucky before, I have little idea what's out there in terms of golf (beyond Valhalla).  Are there good enough public courses to keep me occupied for a year, or should I see whether I can manage to finagle playing privileges somewhere private?

John Nixon

Re:Louisville, KY, courses
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 04:11:36 PM »
Jay, I don't know anything about the courses in Louisville, but this might help:

http://www.golfkentuckylinks.com

Nick Pozaric

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 04:37:21 PM »
Louisville public golf is HORRIBLE.  Many nice private courses around town with a wide variety of fees and intitation costs.  Any idea what part of town you will be staying?

Jim Sweeney

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 08:58:37 PM »
The only thing I've heard about public golf in Louisdville is that Quail Ridge is OK. It's a daily fee.

If, as DCornan suggests, a one year membership is a possibility, look at Persimmon Ridge (just a little east of Valhalla) or the Cardinal Club ( a little farther east but not  bad if you live on the east side of town.)

You might also look at the Kentucky GA'sweb site under "member clubs": www.kygolf.org.

"Hope and fear, hope and Fear, that's what people see when they play golf. Not me. I only see happiness."

" Two things I beleive in: good shoes and a good car. Alligator shoes and a Cadillac."

Moe Norman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back