News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Moore

Should Moore play Maple Moor in White Plains?
« on: September 15, 2005, 10:38:36 PM »
Yours truly will be making a rare trip across state lines this weekend. The hotel I have selected abuts the first public course in Westchester County, Maple Moor, designed by Tom Winton in 1927.

On Saturday I will be celebrating an old friend's wedding late into the night, and I am on a tight schedule for my return to Maine. Should I sleep in or check out this muni? The web photos look pretty good, but at this stage in life I value a good nights sleep as much as anything.

PS - Looks like Billy Casper Inc. has purchased this place. What's the  story?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 10:42:12 PM by Michael Moore »
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Tom Dunne

Re:Should Moore play Maple Moor in White Plains?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 10:55:47 AM »
I'd sleep in. It's an unremarkable Westchester muni, and unless you're in full dewsweeper mode, you're probably looking at quite a long round.

Matt_Ward

Re:Should Moore play Maple Moor in White Plains?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 07:10:43 PM »
Michael:

The only way to seriously play Maple Moor is to drink plenty of FLUIDS (the free spirit variety) before you play there.

Few counties in the USA can have such a wide range between the qualities of the taxpayer-owned courses and those that occupy the private side of the ledger as Westchester.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back