News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lawrence Largent

Any info on The Dunes in the Chicago Area?
« on: August 10, 2005, 09:08:22 PM »
I recieved my info on the Chicago outing for the Ross Society. The have aquired some tee times for the dunes and did some searching on the internet and could not find any info. Could some of the chicago land members please give some background on the club.

Lawrence
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 09:08:39 PM by Lawrence Largent »

Andy Troeger

Re:Any info on The Dunes in the Chicago Area?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 09:24:07 PM »
Lawrence,
  If you are talking about the Dunes Club in New Buffalo, I can concur that it is an awesome experience. It is a 9 hole course with a multitude of teeing options and wonderful holes. If this is where you'll be teeing it up let me know and I can post more info depending on what you want to know about the course.

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 09:44:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is the place I did some searches on google and this is the course I came up with also. Any info you can share I would be interested in hearing.

Lawrence

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 10:11:46 PM »
WELL worth playing..I played on an idyllic fallday when the colors had changed...it's .kind of sandy and scrubby like Pine Valley...

in the COnfidential Guide Tom wrote how Nugent showed a great attention to detail at The Dunes...

I HIGHLY recommend it!

199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Andy Troeger

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 10:31:30 PM »
One of the wonderful things about the Dunes is that it is so secluded, it feels like your own private golf course when you're playing. The day I played there was only one other group on the course (and two groups in a day might not be that unusual). The holes themselves are secluded too by the trees and scrub. You enter the course through what looks like at best a gravel drive into the woods...there's really not a parking lot to speak of either (just some spots along the side of the drive). The course is fantastically maintained. The fairways are generous, but woe to he who misses them. Also better have your bunker game going, there are many sandy areas throughout. You might also look through some past posts on this site, there have been pictures posted of the course. There are many teeing areas on some of the holes which allow for different angles of play, makes the second time around more exciting to play.

That's pretty much the overview without getting in to the specifics of each hole. Like the others have said, its a wonderful experience, certainly like nothing else I've ever played as a course or place.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 10:32:01 PM by Andy Troeger »

PThomas

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 10:59:54 PM »
no tee markers there either...I think whoever has the honor gets to pick where to tee off from

a very pure golf experience!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back