News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re:Fairways as fast as the greens!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2005, 04:38:06 AM »
Jim

It seems to me that no matter the set up for the Open, anybody can win.  The past five or so years has shown that.  The Open has always thrown in surprise winners over the years.  Just as in any tournament, the best player on the week wins.  I am sure this Open will be a cracker.  

I may head up there Friday.  My boy John Bickerton qualified at Sunningdale.  If he makes the cut, it would be great to head up with a sleeping bag.  

Ciao

Sean

New plays planned for 2024: Ashridge, Kennemer, de Pan, Blackmoor, Eindhoven, Hilversumche, Royal Ostend & Alnmouth

James Bennett

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 08:56:28 PM »
given the stimp/slope combination, I can see a lot of balls finishing in similar spots, leading to increased wear in those areas.

Yes, I am really looking forward to it as well.  Control of the ball will be at a premium in these conditions, as will game management (hitting to the areas with the right reward/risk balance given the firm conditions).

Will we see players within groups playing completely different strategies - one player a 3-iron, the other a driver.  Or pehaps one player going left, the other right.  I hope my coverage has the 'good' commentators.  It should be great viewing.  Hope it doesn't rain.
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Marc Haring

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2005, 04:10:11 AM »
My suspicions are unfounded. The set up has been perfect. Punch shots, bump and runs, checking into banks, holding up into the wind, knockdowns, putts from 40 yards out, low chasers and soft mid irons; they’re all being played.

Congratulations Euan and team on a great set up.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back