News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris_Clouser

Huntsville, Alabama golf venues
« on: November 29, 2005, 10:47:18 AM »
I will be going to Huntsville between Christmas and New Years to visit the in-laws.  Does anyone know of anything of interest in the area?  Also, does anyone on the treehouse live in the area, perhaps we could meet for a drink one evening if not get a round in?

PThomas

Re:Huntsville, Alabama golf venues
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 11:33:15 AM »
isn't one of the RTJ Trails sites there???
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

john_stiles

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 01:43:52 PM »
There is a pretty interesting, new course in Huntsville.

Think it is The Ledges, and someone, perhaps Turboe, posted some pictures at GCA.  The Ledges was designed by Hurdzan and they had a website.  Might still be semi-private. I have not played it.

Search GCA also for the posting by someone (Turboe?).

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 01:47:24 PM »
I played The Ledges and could have sworn I was in Birmingham.  I would get a hold of Sam Sikes no matter where the course is and get together as he was the member so kind to host me.  He is a cute kid to boot.

http://www.theledges.com/golf.asp  damn if it isn't in Huntsville..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 01:51:41 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 02:17:34 PM »
Old thread on The Ledges, but alas some pictures are no more:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=13696;start=msg283725#msg283725

I understand John Lafoy redid Huntsville CC in the early 90's.  Any feedback?   My lovely wife was the hot lifeguard on duty there a few years back. :P

Mike
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 02:30:30 PM by Bogey_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

John Goodman

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 10:29:50 AM »
The Ledges is the best offering in Huntsville.  The Trail courses in Huntsville are not memorable but certainly serviceable.  There are two new Trail courses at Muscle Shoals, about 45 minutes from Huntsville (west), they are long and typical.  The best course outside of Huntsville but still in the area would probably be Turtle Point Yacht Club, 60s-era RTJ and Stewart Cink's home course.

I have not played Huntsville CC but I've not heard anything that would lead me to want to (except for the hot lifeguards) ;D      

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back