News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

C. Sturges

At the soon to open Bandon Trails, the tee shot on the 3 and 18 are over the main entrance road.   Very fun indeed.

Gerry B

mid ocean :

The wonderful short par 4 - 4th  has the road that you carry off the tee

also roads are in play on12,14,and the par 5 - 15th where one lays up in front of the road on the second shot or go for it - I once hit a bus on the fly

Scarboro in toronto has a road that one has to carry off the tee on the 18th which should have been a tunnel- ruins the aesthetics of an otherwise great finishing hole.The club should remove the fence and have moving vehicles in play to add to the excitement

Wayne Freeman

The back tee on the 10th hole at Yale goes across the entrance road.  It's such a great driving hole that you don't even really notice it. ............ what does anyone think about courses that have major roads that you have to cross one or more times? Oakmont is a prime example as is another U.S. Open track, Northwood in Dallas.  I for one don't get a big thrill having to deal with this, as it sort of breaks up the whole feeling of the golf course.  

Tommy_Naccarato

mid ocean :

The wonderful short par 4 - 4th  has the road that you carry off the tee

also roads are in play on12,14,and the par 5 - 15th where one lays up in front of the road on the second shot or go for it - I once hit a bus on the fly

Scarboro in toronto has a road that one has to carry off the tee on the 18th which should have been a tunnel- ruins the aesthetics of an otherwise great finishing hole.The club should remove the fence and have moving vehicles in play to add to the excitement

Scarboro is a dump! ;)

Yale is a good one Wayne!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back