News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

From the Golf list:

17 World
12 US

It shows the difference in access.  It is much easier to play the top courses in other countries.

PThomas

I believe the 9 holer The Dunes in MI was on a top 100 list a few years ago
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Andrew Mitchell

From a check of the Golf Magazine Top 100 World list I've played eight of them, all in GB&I.  

I hope to play three more in October:
Royal Liverpool (Buda Cup)
Royal Lytham (post Buda Cup)
Turnberry (wedding anniversary treat)
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Adam_F_Collins

last week at ASGCA, I happened to visit the restroom with one Mr. Jack Nicklaus.  As we were standing there, I told him that it was nice to be able to say that "I held my own with Nicklaus at Pinehurst......"

Pwaaa-HA-hahahahahaaaaa!! Jeff, I had never read this. Hilarious.

Kevin Pallier

I use such lists as a guide to form my own opinions and inform fellow golfers as to which courses I'd recommend they play.

Unless one is very experienced or has knowledgeable friends it's difficult to know which courses to target on one's travels.

Of GCA's "Courses by Country" 40 odd...of Golf Magazine's World lists over the years 50 odd...Golf World UK's lists over the years close to 100...and Australian Golf Digest's lists over the years - over 130.

Mark_Fine

Kevin,
Many golfers use these lists as a guide when traveling.  If you played every course on these lists, you'd be doing ok ;)  Any course on any of these lists is still worth seeing at least once.  Are there mistakes and courses missing that should be there - sure there are.  But they eventually seem to make their way on and/or get some recognition in time (if they want it).    

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back