News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Stephen Britton

Re: The Tragedy of Links Club
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 03:05:37 PM »
I stumbled across this article regarding Links Club being built while looking for photos.

Links1 by Stephen Britton, on Flickr
"The chief object of every golf architect or greenkeeper worth his salt is to imitate the beauties of nature so closely as to make his work indistinguishable from nature itself" Alister MacKenzie...

Tyler Kearns

Stephen Britton

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
Great thanks Tyler. Not sure why that thread never came up in my search.  ;D
"The chief object of every golf architect or greenkeeper worth his salt is to imitate the beauties of nature so closely as to make his work indistinguishable from nature itself" Alister MacKenzie...

George Pazin

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 03:32:58 PM »
"I[/size]t's bittersweet more sweet than bitter[/color]
Bitter than sweet
It's a bittersweet surrender..."

Upon seeing the posters.........
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Cal Seifert

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 04:31:52 PM »
Sorry to  bring up an old thread, I've been reading about Links Club recently. Does anyone have photos they could post? Especially of the reverse redan?

On mobile so I cannot post a photo but this link here will bring you to a picture of the reverse redan.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIo71Q1hkHB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14ex8ftd968l4

Robert Kimball

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:08 AM »
Wow! I came back from the dead. This was a good discussion from back in the Treehouse Days. Anything Macdonald (and Bahto) is interesting in my opinion.

To be 100% honest, I came to this website back in 2001 in hopes I could get access to private golf clubs, but found out it is so much more than that. Lotta great people on here throughout the years, and the wealth of knowledge is immense.

Of course, I realized that access is overrated and would be revealed in time. There are other sites for that!

[/size] [size=78%]
Enjoy, Gentlemen!

Rob

Kyle Casella

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »

This is an old aerial that is floating out there on the web. I think you make out the Fortress green and the Biarritz. Someone with a more sophisticated eye than me can also probably figure out where the Redan is located.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back