News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A_Clay_Man

Re:How would have the great modern minimalists screwed up Pebble Beach...
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2004, 08:54:20 PM »
Bottom line: I suspect one might learn more about this hole by serving as a caddy than by playing the hole as a good player.

Tim, You may very well be right, but in my case it isn't so. My minds eye still remembers my shots, my errors, more than others. Specifically, how I would aim differently, in certain winds. The subtraction for the downhill on the approach is not really all that hard to figure-in, EXCEPT, when the wind is blowing. That downhill, makes for some serious calcualtions. Whether you hit it low, or high, the effect will be different. Sometimes it could be as big a factor as 3 clubs, all depending on trajectory. Since Long is absolute death, missing short is always an acceptable result. Leaving a relatively easy up and down for par.

JakaB

Re:How would have the great modern minimalists screwed up Pebble Beach...
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2004, 09:00:53 PM »
Tim,

I just think the simple presentation of Pebble as it sits today is too clean for the modern minimalist....When compared to any of the new courses at Bandon...Pebble while being a better in every way is less busy in an equal amount...For the modern consumer it seems like busyness brings in the business..

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back