News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

North Berwick West Links' 16th Green
« on: October 23, 2004, 12:15:14 PM »
Who cares whether this green inspired CB?  It stands on its own regardless.  I know this green is often photographed and discussed on this site, but as Alan Jackson says, "Too much of a good thing - is a good thing."

About 40 yards out.  The ridge defends the front section of the green by repelling the indifferent run-in.  The group pictured is on the 17th tee:

From the front right:

From the right.  The young Scot has failed to negotiate the swale with his first putt:

From behind.  The tee is just beyond the gap in the wall just right of the flag:

Mike
A Lucky Golfer

« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 12:30:45 PM by Mike_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Robert Thompson

Re:North Berwick West Links' 16th Green
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 12:31:32 PM »
Truly one of the great greens in golf. It confounded my brother when we played there, since the pin was on the front portion of the green both rounds. We found that, from the tips, we could carry the burn, leaving a wedge to the green. I came up a touch short and carried onto the green and then down the little valley in the middle of the green. That keeps birdie out of play, but makes par relatively easy. My brother shot right at the flag, hit the right side of the green and rolled down off the side of the green, leaving an impossible up and down.
It is a fascinating hole, with a green that would challenge a player every time.

Robert
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Carlyle Rood

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 12:43:24 PM »
September 2004

View from center of fairway. (Why are all of Mike's photos from the rough? :))

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 01:22:18 PM »
I love the way many of the Scottish courses are an integral part of the town.  I like having houses alongside the course, yet (perversely) I hate modern courses which are part of a housing development.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back