News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Hollerbach

Hurricane Helene takes down trees at Augusta National?
« on: September 27, 2024, 02:10:34 PM »
There is a rumor that a sizable number of trees were knocked down across the course due to Helene. Does anyone know more?

Brian Finn

Re: Hurricane Helene takes down trees at Augusta National?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2024, 02:27:45 PM »
The damage in and near Augusta, GA is serious.  Many homes and cars destroyed by downed trees.  I have no specific knowledge of what is going on at ANGC, but based on what i have seen from elsewhere in the city, I have no doubt they will have quite a few trees down.  Many areas in the Southeast are dealing with catastrophic conditions. 
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2024, 03:10:55 PM »
Pales in comparison to the 20 or more deaths reported so far.    Since the topic has been breached, how did Cabot hold out?

Rob Marshall

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2024, 05:48:37 PM »
My sisters in-laws are in Saluda SC. No power, a lot of trees down. I’ve been thru two, Irma and Ian since I bought my place in Florida. It’s an annual shit show it you live on the gulf coast.

If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 04:23:40 PM »
That update shares no information about ANGC and any damage.  In addition to tree loss, the main area of concern would be greens on 11,12,13,15,16.

Jeff Zugelter

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 05:53:00 PM »
Found this, appears Magnolia Lane has damage

https://x.com/NUCLRGOLF/status/1840096140399624572

Adam G

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:06:51 PM »
Have seen a grainy drone shot from Augusta CC side that clearly shows Rae's Creek flooding near 12 green. 11 green is visible. 12 green is hard to tell because of the trees but appears under water.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back