News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ally Mcintosh

Artistic routing drawings / paintings
« on: April 21, 2024, 11:52:15 AM »
Could anyone share with me the name of artists who could potentially be engaged to produce a large scale routing painting / drawing?

Examples of the work / style would also be most welcome.

(For instance I know Mike Cocking does lovely watercolours. Who else?)

EDIT - This is for an old, traditional club so a sense of time and place is important.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 12:09:15 PM by Ally Mcintosh »

Ben Stephens

Re: Artistic routing drawings / paintings
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 01:09:34 PM »
Few examples

Don Placek

Joe McDonnell

Graeme Baxter - not sure if he has done a painting of a layout

I have done sketch of layouts which were put on scorecards
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 01:19:58 PM by Ben Stephens »

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 01:37:36 PM »
Could anyone share with me the name of artists who could potentially be engaged to produce a large scale routing painting / drawing?

Examples of the work / style would also be most welcome.

(For instance I know Mike Cocking does lovely watercolours. Who else?)

EDIT - This is for an old, traditional club so a sense of time and place is important.

Lee Wybranski.  Recently saw him on a Tom Coyne video about the Philly area golf courses.  It looks like he's done a few course routing paintings.

Links to both the Coyne video (I enjoyed seeing the courses) and then an example of a painting he did of the routing at Atlantic City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=8yTYzLmV5jU

https://leewybranski.com/product/atlantic-city-country-club-course-map-print/

I do have to wonder why they don't get original sketches of the routing and produce high quality images that they make larger.

Adam G

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 02:00:09 PM »

Greg Hohman

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 02:27:58 PM »
Ally, the Ed Oden routings thread is a treasure trove. A wonderful presentation of the original Shennecosset exists. Whether it’s the one from 1919 posted on the thread is unknown because of the Photobucket issue.
newmonumentsgc.com

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 03:20:35 PM »
Ally - my associate nick and I can help. Check out my website www.propergolf.com. You’ll see a few examples of our 100 scale plans that are often done in the style of the original architect or a unique style of my own that brings out the best parts of the courses character.

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 07:07:42 PM »
Second vote of support for Nick and Jaeger. From personal experience Nick designs and draws some incredible stuff.
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back