News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Will Lozier

Friday Golf?
« on: July 20, 2023, 03:04:47 PM »
I am driving up to Worcester CC from Atlanta with a stop at the Blue Ridge Music Center to see an old friend at the Sierra Ferrell show Saturday night. I was considering leaving Friday morning and looking for a game along the way thru either Asheville or Greensboro and wondering if anyone was up for it or there are any suggestions for places not to be missed? PM me!

Cheers

Edward Glidewell

Re: Friday Golf?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 09:56:56 PM »
I'm originally from Greensboro, and while I wouldn't classify either of them as places not to be missed, the Bryan Park Champions Course held the USGA Public Links Championship in 2009, and The Cardinal, which is a Pete Dye course, hosts (or used to host -- I'm not sure it still exists) a relatively prestigious amateur tournament.

There's also Tot Hill Farm in Asheboro, which is one of the few Mike Strantz courses in existence.

Those are all public (or semi-private) facilities.

Brian Finn

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 09:08:36 AM »
Tot Hill Farm is closed until Fall for a pretty significant cleanup by new ownership.  Otherwise, I would endorse the suggestion.  I appreciate that fellow gca members introduced me to this polarizing course about ten years ago.  Now that I live in NC, I try to get back once a year.
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Matt MacIver

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 03:01:43 PM »
I played Tot Hill and the Championship course at Bryant Park the same once — two extremely different courses and I loved both. Would love to re-see THF when it reopens. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back