News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

archie_struthers

Bunkers with too much sand
« on: July 06, 2023, 04:41:17 PM »
 ;D

Let me get a good gripe in about too much sand in bunkers.

It makes me sad that so few players have ever learned the skill of bunker shots ...along with that they profess to know more about the bunkers condition than most really good players. To my chagrin it seems that the masses have won out over the cognoscenti in the last decade or so. More times than not , course I play have way too much sand in the bunkers, which takes skill out of the equation . Why do most golfers think that more sand is better than less?

mike_malone

Re: Bunkers with too much sand
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 05:25:28 PM »
You’re a crabby old man.
AKA Mayday

archie_struthers

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 06:02:29 PM »
 :(

Guilty on both counts Mr Malone

But  You should fill them with a spoon not a shovel

Ken Moum

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 10:18:22 PM »
The amount of bitching amateurs do re. bunkers is always amusing.

Too hard, too soft, yada, yada, yada.

I SO want to tell my friends, "It's not the course's job to adapt to your weaknesses,  it's your job to figure out how to play the course."

But I'm gutless.
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Thomas Dai

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 03:42:55 AM »
Theres a tale about an Irish course where a visitor complained that there was too much sand in the bunkers. Someone at the club is supposed to have replied along the lines of "So how much of the 200 ft below the surface would you like us to remove?!"
atb

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 06:45:28 AM »
Nothing more reliable than golfers complaining about inconsistent sand in the bunkers.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

archie_struthers

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 08:09:04 AM »
 8)

I don't need them to be perfect just not more sand than the Wildwood beaches. LOL

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 10:36:18 AM »
Its not just a bunker thing thou...

Its bumpy greens, shaggy fairways, deep rough, wispy rough, too hot, too cold, too much wind, unlevel tee boxes, snack cart doesn't come around often enough, grumpy check-in guy in the clubhouse, playing partner won't stop yapping, etc, etc, etc.

Golf may just have the whiniest group of players over any other sport.  Or do people whine like that in Pickleball too?  ;)

Buck Wolter

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 05:05:08 PM »
There is nothing more luxurious than playing a course with very well maintained bunkers
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back