News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Tamarack CC Master Plan Renovation
« on: November 22, 2023, 01:56:23 PM »
18-minute video with Brian Schneider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXZ_qe089rc

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Tamarack CC Master Plan Renovation
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 02:41:53 PM »
Tamarack Country Club is located in Greenwich, CT.   Situated within a mecca of great golf courses, Tamarack Country Club stands out as one of the finest. Built by Charles Banks in 1929, the course includes many template holes that were the trademark of Banks’ mentors, Seth Raynor and C.B Macdonald, and a few great original holes on the back nine. The course is memorable for its massive scale throughout the property, often allowing players to recover from wayward misses. Though Tamarack delivers options in where you can hit it, the brawny course makes it difficult to score if you’re not in the correct spots.

I can't wait until Schneider's renovation is open. The video is terrific. The club  needs a new website when the course opens.

https://www.tamarackcountryclub.com/
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tim Martin

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 04:17:45 PM »
It’s north of the Merritt Parkway location is blessed with some great natural landforms. Deference to those that like Round Hill but given one play in Greenwich I’d take Tamarack. Template holes are front and center with some outstanding versions. I’m looking forward to seeing Brian’s work.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 09:58:18 AM »
It is quite impressive what is being done and it certainly will be an outstanding course.  Two observations: 1. It does appear on a number of holes that there is a risk of being hit by an errant ball from another hole. 2. I had been a chairman of a greens committee and to me the slopes on the sides of the elevated greens and the deep bunkers are going to have to be done by hand and will take quite a bit of manpower to keep that grass at the expected length and today manpower is difficult to come by and is becoming much more expensive.

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 05:01:07 PM »
Brian Schneider’s narrative in the latest video update for members is really superb. Very professional.

My family lived on Lake Avenue in Greenwich not far from Tamarack, but back then (1970s) it didn’t get that much attention compared to Round Hill, Stanwich and Greenwich Country Club.

Looks like a great project. Happy for Brian.
Tim Weiman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back