News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Alfie

Re:The parlous state of Scottish Golf...
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2003, 04:45:44 PM »
Forgive me guys, but this thread doesn't appear to be going anywhere ? Does anyone have any info on Drumoig - pos or neg ?
We could have our own Public Enquiry right here !

James_Livingston

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2003, 04:43:41 AM »
How long did this one take to go bust from opening?  Just so I'll have some idea how long it will take for the Australian Golf Union to slug Australian golfers with a levy when their equivalent, called Moonah Links, one HOUR out of Melbourne, goes bust.  Not only is that one miles from anywhere, it also has two new courses that are charging roughly double the going rate at nearby public courses, that are BETTER. :'(  So its not like the SGU has a mortgage on questionable business sense. ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 04:45:39 AM by James_L »

Alfie

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2003, 08:40:08 AM »
James,
Drumoig was launched in 1999 after having extracted a few quid from the ordinary Scottish (and overseas / UK members to Scottish golf clubs) in order to build it. I think the annual levies' began around 1994 - 95 ?
The general attitude among club golfers when all this was being conspired - sorry, I'll rephrase that - being planned, was one of "who cares ?" I suspect that remains the status quo, as I don't hear too many questions being asked of the SGU over the affair !
Mary Queen of Scots lost HER head - for less ! :o
Perhaps you want to Moana-bout Moonah before they start dipping your pockets ?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back