News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

Positive Financial Impact of Restorations
« on: October 31, 2023, 03:13:46 PM »
Does anyone have any data or at least solid anecdotal evidence of restorations having a positive impact on a club's finances? Feel free to email me at irafishman@verizon.net if you do not want to make the information public.

Thanks.

Ira

Joel_Stewart

Re: Positive Financial Impact of Restorations
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 02:37:53 PM »
https://perfectputt.substack.com/p/the-business-of-municipal-golf?utm_source=%2Fsearch%2Fwinter%2520park&utm_medium=reader2

The story on Winter Park is interesting.  The $1.2 million investment has resulted in the course doubling its income and its become cash flow positive.

Ian Andrew

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 06:00:16 PM »
I know of some, but there's not much that I think is purely about "a restoration."

I think if I was being super honest, the positive impact is far more about "finally" addressing conditioning issues like turf health, wear or age. The restoration may make the most sense to those who watch it happen. But the physical improvement (or completion of that project) is what drives the sudden increase in members (and in turn increase in initiation fees).

That's my (if I'm being honest) take-away from years working on these types of projects.

With every golf development bubble, the end was unexpected and brutal....

Mark_Fine

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 06:46:28 PM »
Ira,
I am not exactly sure what you are looking for but I would be happy to share with you contacts from courses/clubs that have done extensive work and you can reach direct to them to learn how the work financially impacted their course/club.  You will hear all the pros and cons of their own experience.  No better than talking to someone who has been there done that  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back