News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Philadelphia Cricket Club --WOW
« on: October 18, 2021, 07:18:39 PM »
Was able to play Philadelphia Cricket Club today and all I can say is WOW. The course was in magnificent condition with such a variety of holes. Easily one of the best courses I have ever played and can't believe its not in Golf Digest top 100

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Philadelphia Cricket Club --WOW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 07:56:43 PM »
It came in at 110 this past ranking. Pretty close to top 100. It is really good and much improved since they did all the work.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

JESII

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 09:21:30 PM »
Which were your favorite holes?

Pretty cool course and certainly in excellent condition a great majority of the time.

Jim Hoak

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 10:41:09 AM »
I would second this acclaim.
Keith Foster who redid Philly Cricket is establishing himself as a top Tilly renovator.  Very sympathetic to the original, but creative in his approach.  He has done 3-4 other Tilly redos.  Should be getting more recognition.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 10:54:18 AM »
Was able to play Philadelphia Cricket Club today and all I can say is WOW. The course was in magnificent condition with such a variety of holes. Easily one of the best courses I have ever played and can't believe its not in Golf Digest top 100
Rick,
     I agree with your assessment. I played  Cricket 4 years ago and was blown away by it. It's on my list for a return visit in 2022. Hard to believe Rich Harvest and Canyata are viewed by the GD panel as being better- that really leads one to question their credibility.

Rick Sides

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 11:10:38 AM »
Hard to even say a favorite hole.  I enjoyed them all!

David Wuthrich

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 12:24:42 PM »
I would second this acclaim.
Keith Foster who redid Philly Cricket is establishing himself as a top Tilly renovator.  Very sympathetic to the original, but creative in his approach.  He has done 3-4 other Tilly redos.  Should be getting more recognition.

I agree with Jim!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back