News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Leahy

Re: 2019 Openings
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 01:37:20 AM »
Anything new in Cali in 2019?  Redo's?

Columbia?   ;D
Any relation to Larry David? Nevermind.  ::)
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Daryl David

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 10:34:18 AM »
Anything new in Cali in 2019?  Redo's?

Columbia?   ;D
Any relation to Larry David? Nevermind.  ::)

That's pretty pretty pretty pretty good.   ;D

David Wuthrich

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
The renovated course at IU - Bloomington should be completed in the Spring of 19.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 10:29:04 AM »
A new 9-hole par 3 course is nearing completion at Adlington Golf Centre in Poynton, Cheshire. Designed by Martin Hawtree, it will open in the summer.

It replaces a course being lost to a new road on another part of the property which was the work of Robin Hiseman when he was at Hawtrees.

Derek_Duncan

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 10:44:22 AM »
The Pelican Golf Club will open in Belleair, FL.   Word from buddies who have done the tour, it's going to be better than Old Memorial and more fun than The Concession.

All that at the mere cost of a good-to-great actual Donald Ross course?

This is from Golfcoursearchitecture.com but I find it impossible to believe...

"Though a full restoration was deemed unfeasible after research due to a lack of historic records of the property, Welling has looked to create a course that is reminiscent of Ross’s era and includes many of his principles and styles."

I fear they've flattened and broadened the excellent 15th hole and probably absolutely gutted the compelling 12th. For a flat site, that much variety in Par 3s and 5s should be preserved. I doubt it was.

Also rather bitter about losing a great affordable option in Pinellas County that didn't come with all the nonsense surrounding the experience at Dunedin.

I'm reserving judgment but Chip Powell did a pretty good "restoration" of the Ross character in 2001. There was nothing wrong with the design of the previous Belleview Biltmore course -- very cool, intimate course with cool greens, as you say. A private entity bought the property from the city and obviously wanted to go another direction.
www.feedtheball.com -- a podcast about golf architecture and design
@feedtheball

Jeff Schley

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
I don't know the latest schedule, but Michael Jordan's Grove XXIII is scheduled to open is 2019 last I saw down in Hobe Sound, Fl.  Bobby Weed design.  Love to check that place out when it opens as it won't be anything like a typical golf club.
BTW of mention is that Bobby Weed is using data to design the course from Darren May's "Every Shot Counts" who is supposedly The Grove XXIII's golf coach and ambassador.
Did some digging to get more information on this new course and found the Major Final Site Plan Application from the county.  Very complex process to give us all an idea of how many entities from the government are involved in the planning process.  Also some details of the buildings proposed  is a  9,800 square  foot  clubhouse,a  8,200  square  foot  maintenance  building  and  various accessory  buildings  to  support  the  facility.

https://www.martin.fl.us/sites/default/files/meta_page_files/c161-002-the-grove-golf-club-major-final-site-plan.pdf
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:04:57 AM by Jeff Schley »
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Steve_Roths

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »
Does anyone still have the original filing that Bandon Dunes put in place to get their approval? I am curious how close to reality that came.  I think they had Randolph Dunes where Old Mac is currently, etc.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 05:49:19 PM »
Does anyone still have the original filing that Bandon Dunes put in place to get their approval? I am curious how close to reality that came.  I think they had Randolph Dunes where Old Mac is currently, etc.

That can't be right as they only owned the land south of #3 at Bandon Dunes to start with.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »
I guess we can add Memorial Park GC in Houston to the 2019 list, especially if they are going to have the PGA Tour there in 2020.

I would guess the grow in would be over the summer and open in the fall.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2018, 06:09:09 PM »
Here is one that we can add to the list as it opened in October of 2018, which puts it in the 2019 category.

Kissing Tree Golf Club in San Marcos, Texas.

http://news.hospitality-1st.com/Troon-100418.html

https://www.golfcourseindustry.com/article/kissing-tree-texas-golf/

Scott Weersing

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 07:56:31 AM »

David_Tepper

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »

Paul Jones

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 02:09:16 PM »

Bobby Jones GC
The McElmore Resort
Ozark National
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Jeff Schley

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2019, 03:35:10 AM »
I don't know the latest schedule, but Michael Jordan's Grove XXIII is scheduled to open is 2019 last I saw down in Hobe Sound, Fl.  Bobby Weed design.  Love to check that place out when it opens as it won't be anything like a typical golf club.
BTW of mention is that Bobby Weed is using data to design the course from Darren May's "Every Shot Counts" who is supposedly The Grove XXIII's golf coach and ambassador.
Did some digging to get more information on this new course and found the Major Final Site Plan Application from the county.  Very complex process to give us all an idea of how many entities from the government are involved in the planning process.  Also some details of the buildings proposed  is a  9,800 square  foot  clubhouse,a  8,200  square  foot  maintenance  building  and  various accessory  buildings  to  support  the  facility.

https://www.martin.fl.us/sites/default/files/meta_page_files/c161-002-the-grove-golf-club-major-final-site-plan.pdf
Anyone know anything about MJ's course?  I see they have a website now, but it is member login only.  I'm sure he has his guys handpicked and will be $$$$.

https://www.grovexxiii.com/
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Matthew Rose

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2019, 03:52:34 AM »
Grove XXIII routing plan

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2019, 08:58:26 AM »
The routing for Jordan's course looks interesting.  Lots of doglegs, and a few holes that use the boundary as a hazard!

Memorial Park and The National (Gunnamatta) both opened right on cue - Nov. 4 and 3, respectively.  Back in the day, a course had to open by July 1 to be considered for that year's Nest New list, to give panelists time to go see them . . . but I guess now everything is just decided by acclamation? 😉

David Royer

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2019, 07:38:40 AM »
The Piper course opens today at Lakewood National by Palmer design.  Lakewood Ranch, Florida. It’s the second course here.  My daughter asked me last night, have you ever played a virgin course on the first day....

Jake Marvin

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2019, 11:01:29 PM »
Late entry, but I came across Troubadour Golf & Field Club this afternoon: https://thetroubadourclub.com/. Just south of Nashville, and recently open judging by their Instagram. It's one of a few upcoming Discovery Land Co. projects apparently.

Driftwood Golf & Ranch Club, Austin, looks slated for the 2020 thread.
Barbuda Ocean Club is a Caribbean project which may or may not be open. Looks like it is/will be the first course on the island.
CostaTerra is in the planning stages in Portugal. Very interesting coastal property.

All Fazio, following the precedent for DLC.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back