News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Request From a Club Pro
« on: May 17, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »
My friend and I were talking about no rakes in bunkers. I seem to remember seeing signs from back before rakes were common, saying something like "Please Smooth Sand" on the outside of bunkers. Does anybody else remember that? Anyone possibly have an old image of one?

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Request From a Club Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 11:40:20 AM »
You must be as old as I am. I do remember that. The pro even gave lessons on how to smooth out the the trap with our golf shoes.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »
I had that lesson too Tommy  :) As a junior it was only the posh clubs that had rakes and these often only in some of the greenside bunkers. Otherwise it was your foot or a club to smooth out your prints. Of course many clubs did not have sand in the bunkers and you had to contend with rock hard clay to play out of. How pampered we seem to have become  :-\

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
I have a picture of a sign next to a bunker that said "enter and exit here".   The club was just finishing a bunker project.

Wish there was an illustration (red/yellow/green) for proper bunker ingress/egress.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back